6230 Wilshire Blvd, #2000, Los Angeles, CA 90048; (310) 497-7255
· e: email@example.com; w: peterthottam.com
EXPERIENCE Available for Part-Time or Full-Time Work
CONTRACT WORK Law Firms (corporate/real estate); LA City (CRA/LA); Consulting contracts. Los Angeles, CA
· Conducted real estate & transactional legal work for various L.A. firms; Worked on several consulting projects. 11/06 09/08
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP Corporate & Real Estate Transactions Associate Los Angeles, CA
· Prepared leases for TESCO retail chain rollout (purchase and sale agreements, ground leases and retail leases). 03/06-11/06
· Represented real estate owners, for-profit and nonprofit developers, institutional investors, and high net worth individuals.
· Drafted, reviewed and negotiated TESCO lease agreements, easements, loan documents, deeds, bills of sale, assignment and assumption agreements, property management agreements, legal opinions, leases, and entity formation documents.
LRN, The Legal Knowledge Company Business Development Director Los Angeles, CA
· Worked as business development director for Syndicated Legal Research Division and oversaw three employees. 2002-2003
· Coordinated staffing of 16 Fortune 500 corporate research projects with certified legal specialists; edited and finalized projects.
OMelveny & Myers LLP Corporate Associate San Francisco, CA
· Conducted all due diligence for several $100 million plus financings including one REIT secondary offering. 2001-2002
· Successfully resolved million-dollar contract disputes between domestic distribution agents and international publisher; prepared
demand letters, reviewed client contracts, researched applicable UCC Article 9 provisions and bank lockbox arrangements.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Corporate Securities Associate Palo Alto, CA
· Collaboratively negotiated 5 M&A transactions; Worked on equity offerings, venture capital financings, and SEC filings.
Goldman Sachs & Co. Analyst New York, NY
· Management Controls and Equities divisions - Implemented operational, strategic, and risk analyses. 1993-1995
UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management. Los Angeles, CA
M.B.A. (emphasis in Finance and Real Estate) 03/2006 (early graduation)
· Leadership: Riordan Fellows Mentor Program volunteer. Ocean Park Community Center Volunteer. AREA Newsletter editor.
UC Berkeley - Boalt Hall School of Law Berkeley, CA
J.D., (law degree, graduated in top 30% of Class; Editor & Published author (Berkeley Technology Law Journal). 05/1999
· High Honors (top 10%) in 3 classes; Moot Court Competition: Awarded school-wide prestigious Best Brief honor.
Yale University New Haven, CT
B.A., (Majors: (1) Economics & (2) Ethics; Politics & Philosophy). Graduated cum laude with Distinction Honors. 05/1993
· Urban Land Institute Young Leader. Regularly attend networking meetings and local real estate conferences.
· Fluent in Spanish; Extensive knowledge of Search Engine Optimization, social media and Internet based client service marketing.
· Computer Programming experience in Android Application Development, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash), Java, C, C++ and Visual Basic (Eclipse IDE & Visual Studio 2010 Programming IDEs).
· Active community service, travel, film, and hiking. Recent travel includes Sri Lanka, Thailand, Ethiopia, UAE, Mali and Mexico.
· PC Applications skilled in: Dreamweaver CC, Acrobat XI, Photoshop CC, MS Access 2013, Office 2013 (full suite Excel, Word, Note, Powerpoint, Project, etc.), Quickbooks 2013, & much more.
· Rich real estate analysis experience and strong management skills; excellent communications and presentation skills.